A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Best wishes for a Happy _____!

So, I felt it best to keep things very general this year. I don't want to offend anyone by making assumptions on religious beliefs or non-beliefs. Fill it in as you feel appropriate. That, and hours of sitting at my desk with nothing to do have sucked all creativity from my soul...

Ohhh...the year-end overview...yippee!

January - Thinking back to my new year's resolutions, I am sad to report that few if any of them came to fruition...but, alas do they ever? What is the point of making resolutions? Perhaps we like to cling to the hope that this year will be better than the last. I digress...

In January I got a new roomate (Jen 2) and a BC driver's license.

February - Not much happened in February. I studied, wrote some papers, had some job interviews, took some driving lessons, lost a contact lens...

March - I turned cubic (27)! Celebrated with a potluck party and a piercing.

April - I passed my comprensive exams with flying colours thanks to a colour-coded filing system that took forever to organize but was well worth the effort. Visited Uncle Wayne and Aesook in Los Angeles.

May - Started working full-time on the Workplace Noise Control study for UBC. Went to Chicago for AIHce and was reminded of how unfashionable hygienists can be. Chicago was lovely though!

June - I graduated from UBC and my dad came out to watch me cross the stage, and to eat the bounties of the West Coast (crab)! Joined an ultimate frisbee team with Jesse and ran my ass off. Made some new friends whose given names I prefixed with "Frisbee" to distinguish them from friends by the same first name (e.g. Frisbee Jen, Frisbee Jon).

July - Realized that there was a bonus to working at UBC, and started going to the beach after work. It's a shame there are so many ugly naked people at Wreck Beach.

August - Went to the Okanagan on a business and pleasure trip. Bought some beautiful peaches on the way home. Job interviews and moving out of my apartment and into Jesse's/storage. Thus begins my life as a wanderer.

September-October - Went to Thailand and Laos! Saw and experienced some amazing things. Met fantastic people...too many to list, but you know who you are.

End of October - Moved to Seattle to start a new job. Rain, mountains, coffee drinkers...it's a lot like Vancouver, but with more Americans.

November - Moved out of the hotel, and into my own room in a house with 9 new housemates (too many to list and I'm not sure I know all their names), thus ending my time as a wanderer. No furniture for another 3 weeks though, so couldn't unpack yet...It's still looking a bit bare bones, but maybe I can bring back some art work from home.

December - Finally got a social security number, a bank account, a credit card and a phone (sort of). I partially exist now in the United States...Survived the worst wind storm to hit Seattle since 1962. There are still people without power and it's been a week! Flying home tomorrow night for Christmas and New Years!

Once again, I hope you and yours have a Happy ____!!

3 Comments:

At 1:11 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the CDs. I listened to the Boys in Town; its awesome. Thanks so much and it was great seeing you. I hope its not over a year before I get to see you and catch up again!
Melissa

 
At 1:12 p.m., Blogger Melissa said...

AND... Hope you have fun making dumplings. Maybe one day your dad will spill is secret ingredients and we can try them together :) I'd love to get a taste :)

 
At 5:38 a.m., Blogger james said...

Jay..You have that video clip of you crossing the stage??

Great seeing you again! Have a great 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home