A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Stormy weather

Seattle got hit this week with some pretty nasty weather. Mainly wind and heavy rain that caused them to close the 520 bridge which connects Seattle with the Eastside suburbs (where I work) on Thursday night and knocked out the power throughout the city. The power went off at my house at around 12:30-1 am. I woke up at 6 am Friday morning, noticed that the power was out, figured the bridge was probably also close. There was nothing to do but go back to sleep. When I woke up again at 7:30, the power was still out but at least there was daylight. I called a co-worker to find out what was happening (she had power!) and found out that the power was out in Redmond...no point going into work. By 8:15 the power was restored at our house...yippee! We were lucky, some people in outlying areas may not have power for Christmas...

Anywho, just letting you all know that I am safe and that I was not crushed by a fallen tree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home