A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

10 years! What the...?

It was recently brought to my attention that my ten-year high school reunion is quickly approaching, which begs the question, "What the...?" Seriously though, where did those ten years go? I did NOT expect to be where I am now, doing what I'm doing...that's fer darn sure. But, in a roundabout way...I am totally happy with the way things turned out. My life has been rather nomadic since high school, living in Toronto, Baie-St. Paul, Vancouver, Winnipeg and Seattle. I have two degrees, both of which I'm using in my current job (woo hoo for not wasting 6 years in school). I have traveled across the country and around the globe (but not as much as I would like to). And I have fun and interesting friends scattered all over the world. Life is good.

To the present...this weekend was Memorial Day in the US. Definitely less somber (or is it sombre?) than Remembrance Day...more like Victoria Day without the "2-4s" and the fireworks. (Except in Vancouver where they only have fireworks during the fireworks competition...)

I went to Folklife...a huge music cultural festival down by the Space Needle. To give you an idea of the range of acts they had at this festival, the best things I saw at the festival were a funk-and-soul marching band called March Fourth (they entered on stilts and had napkin dancers!), a guitar trio (name forgotten but they were awesome), and a breakdancing troupe. Also saw a lame hip-hop show, and learned how to Balkan dance (well, sort of) to Jessica's father's Balkan polka band (he plays the accordion). I also had Kenyan food and danced in a drum circle. Fun times...Will post photos later. I have an awesome one of the Space Needle at night.

Anywho...work time!

2 Comments:

At 12:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss my friend on the other side of the continent.

 
At 5:27 p.m., Blogger Jadine said...

Hmmm...who wrote that??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home