A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Saturday, October 13, 2007

One year anniversary!

Clearly it has been TOO LONG since I wrote a blog entry, as I momentarily forgot my username for Blogspot! I was reading my brother, Kevin's blog from his trip to China and felt inspired to make an update of my own.

This month marks my one year anniversary of living and working in Seattle. Far though it is from my Canadian friends and family, I do love it here and the life I have here. Work is good; laughs with my co-workers definitely cut through the boredom of reading depositions. The social life is also good; I have made some great friends, eventhough it seems half of them are moving away this month! Best of all is the love life; I started dating the wonderful and utterly unique David Semanske in June and haven't looked back since! He is intelligent, caring, passionate, and (as a bonus) handsome and sexy. We feel extremely lucky to have met each other. Personally I feel that it was fate that brought us together; it's no co-incidence that we arrived in Seattle within a week of each other. Unfortunately, this one year anniversary also means that I need to make the trek across the border to renew my work visa. I will be going this Thursday with one of my law-abiding, American co-workers. Maybe she will even let me drive part of the way!

Things I am looking forward to:
1) Work potluck on Wednesday. I am planning to make a vegetable quiche, because I haven't made one of these in a while. Mmm...delicious!
2) SeattleWorks project on Vashon Island (in Puget Sound). We get to stay Friday night in a cabin to rest up for a Saturday of hard work at Campfire USA, an organisation that builds leadership and teamworking skills in youths in an outdoor environment.
3) Our six-month anniversary trip to Wenatchee and Leavenworth in Western Washington. In the heart of wine country (this area is directly South of the Okanagan in BC), in the winter it becomes a winter wonderland! (Snow!!!) Leavenworth is a Bavarian-style village where in the winter they light up the town in Christmas lights and have a parade and outdoor carols. It should be a good opportunity to find some unique Christmas gifts! (This year, no glass...)
4) Christmas in Southern Ontario! I will be home from December 19 to 27. Looking forward to seeing friends and family, and eating a year's worth of Thom dumplings. They are not "caveman suitable" but Kevin said he would make an exception...Yay!
5) New Year's in Colorado with the Semanskes! From December 27 to January 2, I will be in Boulder where Dave's sister and family live. His parents are also flying down from Michigan. (I met them already this week, as they were in town visiting.)

Anywho, time to hit the gym. Feel like getting my sweat on today!

2 Comments:

At 6:20 a.m., Blogger superkev said...

hey sis! i'm glad to hear your life is happy after you go seatto. since it's taking you so long to get your license, maybe you should consider skateboardo instead?

and i've travelled thousands of miles and/or kilometres, and i still haven't found dumplings as good as ours. looking forward to swinging the dumpling machine into action for the holidays.

 
At 7:31 p.m., Blogger james said...

hahahahaha..I updated my blog too..waaay to funny...after reading kevin's extensive blog...(where the hell does he find time!!)


lol..ttyl sis!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home