A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thankful for Change

This was a BIG WEEK!

On Tuesday, I took and passed my Washington State driving test! So now I am a licensed driver! My dad is probably more excited than I am...Now he can brag that I am just as smart as a monkey (because apparently "even monkeys can drive!") The next step is to buy a new car, probably something small and easy on gas. Probably not until the new year, after my knee surgery.

Oh yeah, I'm getting knee surgery on January 8 to fix my torn ACL. I am hobbling a lot on it as it is, and every once in a while it buckles up underneath me (as painful as it sounds). I am hoping to be back in the proverbial saddle by late spring. I like activities that require knees (walking, rollerblading, hiking) and pivoting sports (ultimate, skiing, snowboarding). My doctor found me a physiotherapist right around the corner from my (new) apartment so I can start my rehabilatation within days of my surgery. Until my exercise routine will involve walking (unevenly and slowly) and swimming at the local pool.

I moved into Dave's apartment on Friday! Most of my stuff is still in boxes, so it's looking a little bit chaotic in here right now. I have unpacked the all important things like my clothes, food, and Cutco knives, and have shifted things around in the kitchen cupboards so they are "Jadine-accessible". Day Three of Project Cohabitation, and still getting along... :P Haha! In all seriousness, we don't fight much...like three times in six months...

We have also had some unbelievable weather this Thanksgiving weekend! It has been sunny for 6 days straight and all of the mountains surrounding Seattle have been visible making me feel extremely fortunate to be here. On those dreary grey Seattle winter days, it is easy to forget that I live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

Time to make dinner...Tonight I will make a stirfry. My wok and all of my sauces are here now! Exciting!

1 Comments:

At 6:46 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

no more updates?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home