A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Friday, December 08, 2006

Christmas Countdown

In the past two weeks I have lost the mittens and scarf that I made last Christmas, and I'm only left with the hat from the matching set. So, I need to make replacements. The last set I knitted, but this one I will crochet. The primary reason for this is that I don't have the right size of knitting needles. I gave my pair to Leah when I taught her how to knit. But I have many, many crochet needles, despite the fact that I'm not very good at crochet. Anywho, I think I have picked patterns that are easy enough for me to handle...

I looked at my calendar today and realized that I'm flying home for Christmas in two weeks! I haven't been home since last Christmas, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. I hope there is snow.

We got a little bit of snow in Seattle last week, that melted almost immediately. It virtually paralyzed the already spastic Seattle drivers. The schools were closed for 3 days and there were chains on my bus!

Funny west coasters...

2 Comments:

At 7:10 p.m., Blogger Melissa said...

There better be snow. I'm sick of green Christmas' in Ontario... maybe I should move back to Edmonton! Obviously your brother is not an avid skier :) See you in two weeks.

 
At 6:57 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

we love snow too....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home