A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Oooohh...photos!

Sunshine follows the rain. So, I went out and took some pictures. See...Winnipeg's not ALL bad! Sort of wet and overflowing right now. I kind of wish the Red River would flood. Just a little one. Might be fun to do some sandbagging.

But lots of exciting festivals happening this weekend for Canada day. Yesterday I went to a street festival in Osborne Village. Two of the featured singers were a couple of Canadian Idol contestants from Winnipeg, Jaime Lillie and Cher Mantrel (sp?) They were surprisingly good. See...not ALL bad!

I do have lots of mozzie bites...20 at last count. But they aren't itchy. Usually some Afterbite and ignoring them helps. Although...now that I'm thinking about them...the one on my wrist seems to be acting up! Hehe...

The Rakelculator (i.e. Rakel) is here. We went to the Salisberry house last night with her grandfather and mom. This is a Winnipeg chain and institution of sorts. I had carrot cake with cream cheese icing. It wasn't too bad...but too many raisins, not enough nuts. (Sounds like my life...hehe)

I will add something to my Food blog later too. I made something yummy the other day that I want to share.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home