A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Exchange district


Exchange district 2
Originally uploaded by Jadine.
The weather last Saturday was perfect for walking around and seeing some of my favourite places in Winnipeg. The Exchange District was the business centre of Winnipeg in the early 1900s when they would trade grain for other goods. The architecture is unique and well-preserved. I don't know enough about architure to be able to talk about it intelligently, but I like old buildings. And this is no camera trick (not that I know any), this building (name unknown) is actually curved like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home