A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Sunday, January 22, 2006

New year, New Jen(n)

I got a new roomate yesterday whose name so happens to also be Jen. But she only spells it with one N. So, similar enough but not the same. She is not from Texas, but is rather from a small town in the interior of BC called Castlegar. I had never heard of it before today, but it sounds pretty. It looks like it would be more of a tourist destination for me than a place to live given the population size of 7000...probably very sleepy. :) Anywho, Jen is quite nice (as far as I can tell) and she speaks very quickly given her origins. She is in her fourth year in English Lit at UBC, specializing in Medieval Studies. She also has a cool white streak in her hair which makes her look a bit like the character Rogue from the X-men. This is probably not deliberative. She doesn't seem the type to read science fiction comic books.

We now have a wireless router, so I now have 2 less wires running through my room. Better less than more I suppose!

1 Comments:

At 10:03 a.m., Blogger Melissa said...

At least you won't have to remember a new name :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home