A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Forks waterbus dock


Forks waterbus
Originally uploaded by Jadine.
The Forks are one of my favourite spots in Winnipeg. This is where the Red and the Assiniboine rivers converge and it used to be the meeting place for travellers as it was easy to find. Now, there is a nice park, some museums and a market there. Two years ago when Melvyn and I were in Winnipeg, we spent hours sitting on the grass at the Forks enjoying the sunshine and playing cards. This summer I listened to a concert here during the jazz festival. This past weekend I had a Chilean hot dog in the market. It is a chicken hot dog topped with sauerkraut, tomatoes, mashed up avocado and mayonnaise. Sounds a little wierd, but it was delicious...especially if you are an avocado addict like me! Unfortunately the heavy rains that we experienced in May, June and July made the water levels rise so that we could not make use of the waterbus dock. If you look closely, you can see where they had to re-sod the grass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home