A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Boat building


IMGP7562
Originally uploaded by King Kieran.
Thanks Kieran!

So, like I had mentionned, when we were in Luang Prabeng it was the water festival. Throughout the town, they were building boats similar to this one. Believe it or not, this is one of the simpler designs. Other ones were much bigger and more elaborately decorated. They lit the boats (fuel in the Red Bull bottles), and floated them down the Mekong. It was spectacular!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home