A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Same(t) Same(t)...but different

After 6 busy days in Bangkok, I thought I could use a little beach relaxation. So, now I am on the island of Ko Samet, approximately 4 hours from Bangkok. It was a pretty hairy trip...but I met some nice people. I impressed a French couple by reading Zola on the bus, and they gave me a french Cosmopolitan to read. I also met a sweet couple from the UK. We have neighbouring bungalows, and I had dinner with them last night on the beach.

The lifestyle on Ko Samet seems more laid back than on Ko Samui. I don't think that there are any souvenir stands here. Shocking! The bar across the road was playing loud dance music until about 1:30 am. I wasn't in the mood for going out last night, but I will probably go check it out tonight. If you can't beat em, join em, right??

Maybe I will head back to Bangkok tomorrow or the next day. Tamir flies out on the 27th, so it would be nice to hang out with him one last time.

1 Comments:

At 12:08 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hey...don't forget to pick up a tshirt for me!! hehe


having fun I see...ps, if you come across a shop that sells muay thai shorts (thai kickboxing shorts my waist is a 36 inch) , grab a pair, preferably blue or yellow, I will square up for those..

james

 

Post a Comment

<< Home