A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Friday, September 22, 2006

Stormy weather on Hat Chaweng


IMG_0899
Originally uploaded by Jadine.
My first night at Hat Chaweng beach on Ko Samui, I went for dinner at this restaurant on the beach. As I sat there eating, my waiter pointed at some rather ominous clouds off in the distance and said, "Rain is coming." He then proceeded to scurry around and pick up seat cushions and condiments from the tables. So, I polished off my phaneng curry with shrimps and hid under the canopy drinking a Singha beer until the rain stopped. I'm not finding the rain to be too bothersome (xcept for when it killed my camera of course). It will rain heavily for an hour or two a day, and the rest of the day it is hot and humid. The rain is actually a relief...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home