A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bean there, done that...


Chicago - bean reflection
Originally uploaded by Jadine.
Sunday, I toured through Millenium Park and the historic Loop district. I took this photo of my reflection in the "Bean" sculpture located in Millenium Park. In the background you can see some of downtown Chicago, and the Pritzker Pavillion, Frank Gehry's outdoor version of the Walt Disney Concert Hall in LA (i.e. another astronomically-priced bent metal sculpture/building). The architecture in Chicago is a real treat, where beautifully carved and detailed buildings siddle up next to modern sky scrapers. I was also amazed at how clean the streets of downtown were. I don't recall seeing a homeless person...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home