A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ceci n'est pas un photo d'une pipe


Chicago - pipe
Originally uploaded by Jadine.
Thursday was the last day of the conference. I spent the morning learning about physical hazards. Went out for lunch with my boss from last summer in Winnipeg. Then ran away!

I went browsing through the ritzy stores on the Magnificent Mile (kind of like Yorkville/Bloor street, but longer and better). Didn't buy anything, but tried on some pretty dresses at Ann Taylor Petites.

Then I went to the fantastic Art Institute of Chicago. My Lonely Planet told me that a trip to Chicago is not complete without a spin through the Art Institute, and I am sure glad that I went. They have an incredible collection of Impressionist paintings. Lloyd told me that they started collecting these works as they were being created. There was an entire room of Monet! I took a picture of this Magitte because it reminded me of Monsieur Strobl, my high school French teacher. He used this painting as an example of l'Absurde. Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est une image d'une pipe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home