A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thar she blows...the Windy city


Chicago - downtown from Hancock
Originally uploaded by Jadine.
On Friday night I returned from a week-long trip to Chicago for the American Industrial Hygiene Association conference (AIHce). The conference ran from Monday to Thursday, so Saturday night, Sunday and Friday I had to explore this city. I have to say, that I really liked Chicago. And I would recommend as a travel destination. I think I could even live there. It's pretty, clean, has a good public transit system, a great nightlife, culture, etc. In particular, I'd like to point out that my brother KEVIN should go to Chicago. Lots of photographic opportunies (I can't do them justice), and IMPROV. I went to a show on Wednesday night with some of my hostel-mates. It was the best improv show I'd ever seen, no offence. The conference was fantastic. Lots of interesting talks, people, etc. Overall, I found the week mentally, physically and emotionally exhausting and was glad to get back to my laid-back Vancouver lifestyle. I spent the entire weekend destressing...Anywho, here are some photographic highlights. I have more, thanks to my ultimate friend Jesse and the generous people at Future Shop I was no longer confined to a 32 MB memory card worth of photos! Yay 1 GB!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home