A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Capsized, but still made the finals!

The weather today was perfect for some longboating, 24 and sunny. We got off to a pretty lousy start. After colliding with another boat we wrangled ourselves free and rounded the first buoy. Then it was back to shore to pick up a pylon. As we pulled up onto the beach, Graham hopped out of the boat and disturbed the delicate balance in our boat. And in the water we went. Not easily discouraged, we flipped our boat right side up, jumped in and paddled on. We even managed to pass the boat in front of us who had quite the lead and finished 5th of 7 teams in our heat. Considering we had a pretty decent time, we actually made it to the finals in our division which are happening tomorrow. If we don't tip, perhaps we will be able to win our heat, and advance to the overall finals.

After the race we went back to school and I spent 6 hours finishing off my paper. The sound of printing is the sweetest sound...

Tonight I hope to make some ground on my abstract...after the Iron Chef.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home