A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Hasta luego Vancouver

Papers are handed in, exams have been written, work has been more or less completed and now all that is left to do is say some goodbyes and pack. At this time on Saturday, I will be on a plane to Winnipeg...crazy, eh? Maybe it doesn't seem quite real yet because I haven't done much in the way of packing. I have, however, made a list...and that is an excellent beginning. I also have dragged one of the Rubbermaid totes that i intend to send to Winnipeg into my room and it is currently half full (or perhaps...half empty?!).

I have discovered a lovely blading route that goes around the perimeter of the university which takes me along cherry blossomed boulevards and sinews next to forests and ocean views. Winnipeg is fairly flat, so me and my blades will be doing some exploring this summer. It's hard to do that here, because you might get stuck staring up (or down) some impossibly steep hill.

I shall head to the beach this afternoon with the Microbiology textbook that I took out from the library. Need to do a bit of review before I arrive in Winnipeg so that I don't look and sound like an nimwit. And where else better to go than the beach!

1 Comments:

At 2:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

My blades and I :)

Sorry... so bored.

M

I'll miss you while you're in the winterpeg, or summerpeg, or whatever they call it there :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home