A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Another entry?? Already??

Yeah...I don't know...I'm bored I guess.

Today was a long but productive day at work. I was there from 7:45 until 5:30...incredible. The place is like a ghost town at 5:30. The exodus normally begins at 3 pm (of the people that get there at 7). Anyway, I finished report number 2, a literature review on SARS. Fun stuff. Will start my actual risk assessments soon. In the afternoon, I participated in one of the modules and learned all I ever needed to know about HEPA filters, how to decontaminated them and check them for leaks.

My housemate and I (not CTG but Mac student) are going to watch the Manitoba Moose this weekend. (The local hockey team.) They are in the league semi-finals....very exciting. Other things that I have planned for the weekend: yoga, cooking a nice meal, rollerblading around Assiniboine park (I hear good things), crocheting, sleeping, writing about active noise control headsets.

How do you like the hyperlinks? I saw them on Jess' blog...and stole the idea.

6 Comments:

At 6:49 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you're having a good time in "the peg" and that you're doing well.

Later!

Victor

 
At 11:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

so i just got back from my week away and i see you've stolen "my" idea...now all you gotta do is make it actually work ;)

 
At 6:23 a.m., Blogger Jadine said...

One of the links works...not sure what i did wrong...

 
At 7:36 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you noticed yet that the term "housemate" is actually only used by easterners?? When I moved to Edmonton and said housemate... which is more appropriate for my living arrangements, people said "I thought you said husband...hahahaha" - so yah, apparently the stupid word roommate is what people use out here. Kind of stupid how Canadians still use Driveway for your house and parkway for fast driving lanes. WTF? - Melissa

 
At 11:48 a.m., Blogger Jadine said...

Actually I tend to use the two terms (housemate and roomate) interchangeably. While I realize that housemate is probably more accurate for the situation where I am living in now, I still would have called Jenn and Erin my roomates. Maybe it's becasue i don't think of an apartment as a house??? The driveway thing is bizarre though.

 
At 12:31 p.m., Blogger Jadine said...

Ok...so I have fixed my links. Apparently you have to type "http://" before your website link as it is not assumed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home