A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

L is for learner

I am now a proud owner of my first piece of British Columbian ID, a learner's driver's license! I passed the knowledge test with flying colours, with a score of 93%. My package came with a giant letter L, presumably to post on my car and not on my forehead.

I have also signed up for driving lessons with Young Drivers. My first lesson is on Friday from 12:15 to 1:45. (This is a warning to all Vancouverites to be particularly attentive of traffic at that time...) I haven't driven a car in about 9 years, and I wasn't really very good at it then, so now I am even more nervous...

The good news is that because I have already had a G1 in Ontario for about 2 years, I can take my road test whenever I'm ready and don't have to wait the one year to upgrade to the N license. (N is for novice...not Nerd.)

Other than that, nothing else is new. I have not heard back from GSK about the job yet, but I expect to hear something soon.

Hi Dad! (He is in Vietnam, buying me a pair of silk pyjamas. ;) )

1 Comments:

At 11:37 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
Congrats on your Learners permit! How did your first driving lesson go? Do then when you go back to Ontario do you just have to get it all switched over? This out of province stuff is crap, my Ontario coverage for meds isn't accepted in Alberta and my Alberta prescription isn't accepted in Ontario... hello people... its All in CANADA. I don't see what the big deal is. But good luck switching stuff over and I hope you hear back from that company!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home