A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Just label me "Productive"

One weekend and about 24 hours of studying later...and what have I got to show for it?
- 1 lab write-up
- 1 problem set
- a couple of box plots and some ANOVA tests
- a couple of articles read for Noise
- sleep disturbance
- an evening out at Lou's (don't get too excited...not a potential boyfriend...just the name of a bar)
- yam tempura rolls and chopped scallop rolls (mmmm....)
- a fridge full of veggies (including gui lan --just like home!)
- animated Skype conversation with Victor
- telephone conversation with dad

Other things that I have neglected to mention in previous blogs:

I am now an employee of the university. They are paying me 25 bucks an hour to do literature reviews on noise exposure in the agriculture and entertainment industries. By the end I should be able to tell you (hopefully) the effects on a violinist having a trombone blasting in her ear and what we should do about it. Interesting stuff...well, I think so.

Reading week is coming up and I might have a few guests. Melissa is definitely coming for one weekend. Very exciting. And possibly my dad as well. If my dad doesn't come to take me to Whistler, then I can probably still go with Melissa on the weekend. Or maybe Melissa and I will go anyway. Say, that's a lot of skiing! When in Rome...

Jess is moving here! Yippee...slowly but surely I intend to have everyone (friends and family) move to Vancouver. He should be pleased to know that I know lots of girls in Vancouver. Heck...my program is full of them...and a couple of them are single...

Gosh...I guess I've run out of things to say. Unusual, I know. The next couple of weeks before reading week should be doozies. And because of visitors, first bit of the week I should be doing some mad assignment completion...

It's raining. The sun came out on Friday for the first time in weeks. It was truly exciting.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home