A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Skype

Ok...so I have spent a few days "experiencing" Vancouver. And...It's pretty cool. A little wet, but at least I'm not freezing my buns off. Have only had to break out the winter jacket a handful of times (and that was mostly at night, with a thin shirt underneath).

Friday night was great fun. We had a party at Kay's house. Chinese take-out and tons of dessert. It's nice to see that trifle is making a comeback. Not as good as Aunt Jan's though. We polished off an entire bottle of Soho. Mmm...SOHO GOOD!!! After the party, we went to Lou's for Long Island Iced Tea (which we downed in about 5 minutes since there weren't enough seats for everyone). Then we went and played pool. Sober or drunk, I am a horrible pool player. In three games I sunk 2 balls. Definitely had a good time...there was some ear licking...I won't go into any more detail than that. At least there was no eyeball licking!

Saturday morning I slept in. It was wonderful to not have anything important to wake up for. Cleaned the house. Went for a walk around Kits. Met up with Britta and we went to Metrotown. Didn't buy any presents (except for myself...what? I deserve it!) Saw a mooooovie...Finding Neverland. Entertaining, sad. Johnny Depp is always good. Saturday, went out with Lloyd. Nothing exciting happening there. No really...

Sunday...recovering from two late nights. Didn't do much of anything except grocery shopping and making moussaka. This one was not nearly as successful as the last one. Apparently the diced tomatoes were not a good substitute for the crushed tomatoes. And the thickening step is crucial...Otherwise, my bechamel sauce was bang on...very impressive...

Monday. The gym and reading during the day. Also saw Dad's photo on the wall in the Metallurgy building. The skinny, young chap that he was...At night, karaoke downtown at the Marble Arch, the Cambie Hotel for cheap beer, and the Roxy for some dancin'. Drunken silliness ensues...

Tuesday. Recovering from drunken silliness takes half the day up. Then not much energy to do much else but make Christmas cookies, get in a fight with Eddie over homeless people, take a bath, and read. Also made another yummy cream sauce to go with my tortellini. (Just call me Jadine Sauciere...not to be confused with Jadine Sorciere. Hehe...puns of all languages are acceptable!)

Today. The gym and shopping. This time for presents. Bought a few...returned one. (Curses!) Also bought a microphone for my computer. So now I can play D&D with my internet friends. Kidding...So now you can Skype (rhymes with "type") me. For those who don't know, this is like FREE long distance phone over the internet. I just tried it out with Kevin a few minutes ago and it's incredibly clear! It was like he was here with me. You just need a microphone (check!), speakers (check) and to download Skype from their website (check!). It's pretty cool. Erin got it this summer to call Tim...and well they are still together...so it must be workin'! Also went out for sushi...had a craving for tempura and yam rolls. Sooo good...fat and happy now.

For the rest of the week: finishing Christmas shopping, Ocean's 12, skiing/snowboarding at Grouse, blading (on a day where there is no rain) along Sea Wall, Granville Island, dim sum, more gym visits...Flight home is in 5 days. These activities should keep me occupied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home