A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Monday, January 10, 2005

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

So this will be my first complete week back at school after nearly a month off for Christmas. It's definitely tough getting back into the swing of things...but I have an assignment due tomorrow, so they waste no time.

Last week went to a conference in Blaine, WA with the department. It was my first scientific conference. Not much I can say about it...except that the hotel that we stayed at was pretty sweet. Hot tub, sauna, steam room, indoor/outdoor pool (I swam while it was snowing!), and a movie theatre. Neat. I also ate swordfish, which is apparently a no-no since it is overfished...but it wasn't that good anyway...so I think I'll pass on it next time anyway. Above is a pic of me, Rakel and Prabjit in our Semiahmoo robes.

Other interesting thing that happened is that it snowed here! And we got quite a bit...and it's sooo pretty! This also means that I can try out the "Snow mode" on my new camera. Above is a pic of my house. You can't see my window because it is covered up by the bushes to the left of the stairs. As far as I can tell the snow mode makes the picture less blue than regular landscape mode.

Nothing else to report. Just photos....enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home