A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I heart Vancouver

Just got back from a rollerblade. Love that the sun is shining and the streets are dry. One of the many reasons why "I heart Vancouver".

Sadly, found out today that I will not be here for the summer. But, possibly good news for you folks back in Ontario who have been missing me. Here is the story on the summer co-ops. Like I mentionned before there is the job at GSK working with Jewels...sweet job...this is my top pick. From there on, it gets a bit hazier...there are 5 other jobs. ONE in Vancouver working for Fraser Health which would be nice...except that you need a driver's license (doh!) and a car (well...). So...not a possibility...don't have time to learn how to drive right now. Two jobs with Alcan up in Kitimat, BC -- not exactly sure where this is...but I'm sure I'd learn a lot and the pay is really really good and there is a subsidy of some kind for being willing to live up in BFN. Two jobs working for oil companies in Alberta (Shell and some other one...). Probably also good jobs, but I have moral objections to working at an oil company. Last job is also in Ontario working for Health Canada. But the pay is pretty lousy (the minimum) and it requires a lot of travelling between Ottawa and Windsor (not sure if they expect me to drive that...or if I can just fly?) Anyway. GSK is the top pick right now. Not sure what the pay will be like...but it sounds like a good job, and no one from my school is going to apply to it. So, i will likely only be competing with U of T kids for the job...I think my chances are pretty good. Also may need a place to live for the summer...

Kevin is in Thailand. Here is a link to his online journal. As can be expected, it is very witty, entertaining and clever...much cleverer than my ramblings.

The countdown to Reading week begins. Dad IS coming and we are going skiing at Whistler for a couple of days. Yippee. Melissa is also coming. Apparently to see my "men"...haha....she is one to talk...

Ok...should probably do some work...grr...

1 Comments:

At 2:23 p.m., Blogger Melissa said...

I'm one to talk? What is that supposed to mean? Hmm, I guess that's why we're friends - we ALWAYS have something to talk about: men, um men, um, men, and well of course us! I'm down to the singular "man" now, but its taken me awhile to get here I'll admit. But I am looking forward to maybe meeting your man? See ya in 1.5 weeks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home