A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Saturday, June 18, 2005

A pot pourri kind of week

As I was typing in the title for this post I just realized that the translation for "pot pourri" is "rotten pot". A bit disgusting actually.

So this week was quite good...busy. I was actually assigned some projects, so I had work to do at work, which was a refreshing change.

One of the highlights of my week was a conference that I went to on Thursday. The keynote speaker at lunchtime was particularly interesting. He was a forensic expert from the Winnipeg RCMP who was talking about his experience in Thailand identifying the disaster victims of the tsunami. Luckily there weren't too many visuals, but my imagination was able to fill in the gaps provided by his descriptions.

And the sun finally shone! And it's still shining! A welcome reprise from the month long rain we had been getting.

I am working on creating another blog entitled "What's cooking in Jadine's kitchen?" It is still under construction though...So, just watch the Links section.

I meant this entry to be a bit longer. But I'm hungry for breakfast...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home