A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Monday, March 06, 2006

Putting the human back in humanity

Miracles of miracles. There ARE good people in this world. A couple from my neighbourhood, Pam and John Graham, rescued my iPod from the rain on Wednesday. (I must have dropped it at the corner while crossing the street.) They then proceeded on a detective-like search for the owner of the iPod. First, they contacted Apple and found that the serial number was registered to a "Jadine T". (My paranoia is not working in my favour.) They also got an extinct email address of mine and figured out my last name is Thom. From there, they tried to locate me in the telephone book, but I'm unlisted. The issue was further confused by the fact that I playlists on my iPod that are entitled "Melissa's Cooldown" and "Melissa's Patio Mix", causing them to think that the owner's name might be Melissa. Finally, they posted a sign at 10th and Discovery that said "iPod found here on March 1/06. Call 604-XXX-XXXX". I saw this sign today on my way to school and was overjoyed. Although my daydreams of a 30 GB video iPod were interrupted, my faith in humanity is renewed!

As a thank you for returning my iPod recharged and unharmed, I intend to bring them some flowers and a CD containing my 150 favourite songs. (Their daughter expressed a liking for my taste in music!)

2 Comments:

At 9:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so awesome that someone found your IPod and that they were able to trace it back to you, despite my name all over it :)

But a 30GB would have been sweet... but would have cost quite a bit. I'm thinking of getting myself a new MP3 player but everyone says no to Ipod b/c then your music is all in that format. What's your thought on that? I wouldn't get 30GB... since my computer isn't even that big. What am I gonna do with that much space??

Melissa

 
At 8:23 a.m., Blogger Jadine said...

Well, I could have saved my Lost episodes that I have downloaded but am unable to transfer to a DVD. They are currently taking up about 13 GB on my hard drive right now, but I'm reluctant to get rid of them. You can also use it as a back up hard drive for your important files.

As for putting my music in iPod format, I find iTunes easier to use than Windows Media Player anyway because I can organize my music with any number of parameters (Title, Artist, Last time played).

I only have 2 issues with my current iPod:
1. The battery is crappy and it needs to be recharged every week, even if I am not using it.
2. It is heavy. If I went running with it, it would pull my pants down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home