A Canadian in Search of the Emerald City

The intent and purpose of this blog is to inform my loved ones (that's you!) of my comings and goings. While I do love writing and receiving emails, sometimes it just isn't possible to correspond with each of you individually. You may call it "laziness". I call it "proper time management".

Thursday, March 23, 2006

The commemorative pierced navel


Pierced navel
Originally uploaded by Jadine.
As I promised myself I would do, I got my belly button pierced today. The process itself was painful, but the result, I think looks really cool. My dad will probably have a cow when he sees this! Haha. If you look really closely, you can see the reflection of my pink yoga mat in the silver balls. Probably won't be doing much yoga or pilates for awhile...it's feeling a bit tender to be balancing all my weight on my stomach.

3 Comments:

At 5:50 p.m., Blogger Melissa said...

You got your belly button pierced? I had no idea you had wanted to do that! How does it feel? Do you like it... wow. I feel so shocked! Like I don't know you? Maybe its because you live so far away...

 
At 11:24 p.m., Blogger Jadine said...

It's something that I wanted to do to commemorate my 27th (cubic) year of life. Less extreme than a tattoo. Haha.

I think I like it, but I have to soak it for 5-10 minutes twice a day until it is healed. And I can't go swimming or lie on my stomach. So, it's also a bit of a nuisance at the moment. But, I think once it heals, and I can go back to sleeping on my stomach, I will be happier with it.

 
At 4:46 p.m., Blogger Melissa said...

I bought asparagus the other day and forgot to take it to the barbecue I went to on Sunday so I decided to do my own recipe... well I looked one up on the internet that sounded cool... it was really good! Stir fry the asparagus in onion, sesame oil and ginger for 2 minutes, then add this mixture of vinegar, soya sauce and honey, stir fry another minute.. and voila. Pretty freaking good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home